Internship, PSC 2987
Requirements to register
- PSC declared major.
- At least junior standing.
- Have a confirmed internship position involving substantive political science research and work.
- Complete an internship contract.
» Political Science 2987, Internship in Political Behavior Contract
- Complete a Registration Transaction Form.
- Submit the internship contract forms and Registration
Transaction form to Professor Wiley or Chris Mitchell for signature.
- Deliver the signed registration transaction for processing to the appropriate GW office for processing.
Requirements to receive credit
- PSC 2987 is variable credit, (one, two or three credits in a semester), and it is graded Pass/Fail. For 1 credit intern a minimum of 8 hours per week and write an 8 to 10 page paper. For 2 credits intern a minimum of 10 hours per week and write a 10 to 12 page paper. For 3 credits intern 12 to 15 hours per week and write a 12 to 15 page paper.
- Papers are due the last day of classes of the semester in which the student is interning. A hard copy of the paper should be delivered to Professor Wiley's mail box in the main PSC office, Monroe Hall 440. Papers will not be accepted as email attachments.
- Communicate with Professor Wiley in person or by email at least once a month.
- The internship supervisor must complete an evaluation for the student at the end of the semester and email, Fax, or mail the evaluation to Professor Wiley.
» PSC 2987 Internship Supervisor Evaluation Form
- At the end of the semester, the student must complete the student internship survey.