News & Events
American Politics Subfield Excels in U.S. News Rankings
In the most recent U.S. News and World Report rankings of graduate programs, the Department was ranked 16th in the American Politics subfield rankings. The rankings are a potent indicator of the American Politics faculty's excellent reputation in the discipline.
Political Science Alumni Award
The Department of Political Science is currently accepting nominations for the Political Science Alumni Award! Do you know an undergraduate or graduate political science alumni whose contributions and achievements since graduating from GW merit recognition? Click here for more information.
- Llewelyn Hughes (and Phillip Y. Lipscy). "The Politics of Energy." Annual Review of Political Science, 16: 449-469, May 2013.
- Caitlin Talmadge. "The Puzzle of Personalist Performance: Iraqi Battlefield Effectiveness in the Iran-Iraq War." Security Studies, 22 (2):180-221, May 2013.
- Yonatan Lupu. "Strategic Citations to Precedent on the U.S. Supreme Court." The Journal of Legal Studies, 42 (1), January 2013.
- Danny Hayes (and Matt Guardino). Influence from Abroad: Foreign Voices, the Media, and U.S. Public Opinion. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Julia Macdonald. "Eisenhower's Scientists: Policy Entrepreneurs and the Test-Ban Debate 1954-1958." Foreign Policy Analysis, 9 (3), May 2013.
- Elizabeth Rigby and Jake Haselswerdt. "Hybrid Federalism, Partisan Politics, and Early Implementation of State Health Insurance Exchanges" Publius: The Journal of Federalism, 2013; doi: 10.1093/publius/pjt012
» More Faculty Publications
» More Graduate Student Publications
- Allison Quatrini, Scott Weiner, and Jackson Woods have each received a 2013 National Security Education Program (NSEP) David L. Boren Fellowship.
- Jessica Anderson has received a Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship (DPDF) from the Social Science Research Council for the 2013 fellowship year.
- Rachel Whitlark has been awarded the Project on Managing the Atom/International Security Program predoctoral research fellowship at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University.
- Jake Haselswerdt received a doctoral dissertation research improvement grant from the National Science Foundation for his project "Policy Tools and Public Opinion."
- Bret Barrowman has been awarded an Advanced Research Fellowship from the American Councils Title VIII Combined Research and Language Training Program for research and language training in Georgia and the Ukraine.
- Llewelyn Hughes won an Abe Fellowship from the Social Science Research Council for his project on firm structure and the politics of climate change.
» More Faculty Awards
» More Graduate Student Awards